Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Rumblin' In A Bear's Tummy


Often I'm asked, "Hey, Vegan Bear, what is your favorite vegan restaurant?"  

Which I comply, "um...all of em'."  

Hey, I'm a bear.  A hungry bear.   I just go with where my belly leads and my paws take me, but if I truly analyze my bear habits then I would have to say that I'm more often clawin' open the doors to Veggie Grill in El Segundo.  Don't get me wrong, I can't keep my paws off those yummy cupcakes at Native Foods Cafe (prefer the vanilla...yup, I'm easy) or the coconut cream pie with chocolate at Real Food Daily-both restaurants are top notch.  

My only issue with NFC and RFD are their prices have risen considerably over the years and it's kind of a turn off, a bear can only afford so much, which means that I don't even bother with an appetizer or dessert.  As a price conscientious bear I find myself spending more of my meal times at VG.

VG has changed their menu in the past month or so to include new entrées.  I tried the crab cake sandwich, which was okay, but I think it could be improved if they tossed the bun and added two more of the cakes on the plate.  Again, bear.  Meh, with the bun, it's filler compared to what's in between the bread.  And they also have a few new side options.  A couple of my bear buddies tried the cauliflower-mashed potatoes and when I swiped a scoop, I discovered a unique option to mashed potatoes.  When it comes to the appetizers, I'm a push over for the BBQ wings, they're a bit messy and tangy, but totally worth the mouthgasm. 

Overall, VG wins me over, not only because of the good eats and reasonable price, but because they have a great staff, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment