Sunday, July 22, 2012

Kale n' Couscous


This was one of those weeks were I wanted something quick and easy to make for lunch and so I decided to go with couscous, which is great when you're working on a tight schedule as the prep time is low.  Also, it goes a long way when you're feeding more than one person.

Tools
cutting board
knife
medium size cooking pot

Ingredients
2 handful's of kale
1/2 c dry wheat couscous
10 sm heirloom tomatoes
1/2 c white onion
1/2 can garbanzo beans
1 tsp margarine
4 sprigs of fresh sage
1 tsp thyme
salt to taste
black pepper to taste

While prepping the water to steam the couscous, I added in the onion and kale.  I threw that in immediately with the margarine, because I wanted the onion and kale to steam a bit longer.  Once the water was boiling, I added the couscous, garbanzo beans, sage, thyme, and other spices.  I turned off the heat and allowed all of the ingredients to steam.

Once a couple minutes passed by, I added the tomatoes.  Again, I detest squishy tomatoes, which is why I saved them for that last.

All total, this recipe takes about 10 minutes, which is great when you have to be out the door in a hurry.  And serves about 4.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever thought of writing a cook book for vegan
    Recipes? These are so cool! Thanks for sharing the stories
    it makes for humor in cooking.

    ReplyDelete